عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Purpose: Succession planning is a process to ensure sustaining and developing intellectual and knowledge capital for the future and encourage people for promotion. This research aims to evaluate the current state of succession planning system and compare it with the expected situation in the municipality of Mashhad and analysis of the gap between them.
Research method: The research method is a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods. In the quantitative method, Research population was all employees in central Municipality of Mashhad. A total of 278 questionnaires were distributed randomly among them. Paired sample T-test is used in order to examine the gap between the current states and desired one. In the qualitative method, the saturated theory was applied and 6 people including managers and experts related to HRM department were interviewed.
Findings: Results of the mean comparison tests showed that there is a gap between the scores of the current situation and the expected one, and results of the interviews confirmed this finding. The main reasons for the gap could be listed as: "The lack of senior management commitment", "Running challenges due to the large size of organization", "Failure to adhere to managerial principles and intensification of administrative bureaucracy", "Applying personal taste and preference of relation over regulations", "Manager fear of losing position and power", "Unwillingness of coordination of other departments with HRM department".
Conclusion: The results of the quantitative research show the current status of succession planning in Mashhad municipality is poor and the gap between the current situation and the ideal situation is confirmed. Qualitative research confirms the results of quantitative research and finds the causes which are approved by theoretical principles of succession planning.
10. هادیزاده مقدم، اکرم، سلطانی، فرزانه. (1390). تبیین مولفه های پیاده سازی مدیریت جانشین پروری در سازمان. فصلنامه علمی- پژوهشی مدیریت و منابع انسانی در صنعت نفت، سال سوم. شماره 10، صص 82-39.
11. یزدانی، محمود، تنعمی، محمد مهدی و بهرامی کیا، قاسم. (1391). تدووین شایستگیهای رهبری مورد نیاز برای ایجاد برنامه جانشین پروری مطالعه موردی شرکت پالایش گاز پارسیان، مدیریت منابع انسانی در صنعت نفت، سال چهارم، شماره 13، صص 140-105.
12. Byham, W.C. (2009). Grooming Next-Millennium Leaders, Training and Development, Vol.44, No. 2, 236-259.
13. Charan, R., Drotter, S. & Noel, J. (2001). The leadership pipeline: How to build the leadership powered company, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco.
14. Conger, J. & Fulmer, R. (2003). Developing your leadership pipeline, Harvard business review, 76-85.
15. Groves, K. (2007). Journal of Management Development, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 239-260.
16. Guangrong, D., Tang, K.Y. & Kenneth P. D. (2010). Leadership competencies across organizational levels: a test of the pipeline model, Journal of Management Development, Vol. 30, Issue 4.
17. Helton, K.A. & Jackson, R.D. (2007). Navigating Pennsylvania's Dynamic Workforce: Succession Planning in a Complex Environment, Public Personnel Management, Vol. 36, No. 4, pp 347-335.
18. Johnson J.E., Costa L.L., Marshall S.B., Moran M.J. & Henderson C.S. (2009). Succession management: A model for developing nursing leaders, Nursing Management, Vol. 25 , No.6, 35-50.
19. Karaevli, A. & Hall, D. (2003). Growing leaders in turbulent times: Is succession planning up to the challenge, Organizational dynamics. science direct elsevier science journals database, 62-79.
20. Kim, Y. (2006). Measuring the value of succession planning and management: A qualitative study of U.S. affiliates of foreign multinational companies, For Ph.D Degree, The Pennsylvania State University.
21. Kolla, L. (2005). Managing Succession: Developing Tomorrow’s Leaders Today a Future Executive Leadership Competency Framework, Master Dissertation, Royal Roads University, Canada.
22. Langdon, D. G., & Marrelli, A. F. (2002). A new model for systematic competency identification, Performance Improvement, 41 (4), 16-23.
23. Ley S. (2002). An assessment of succession planning at the State Bar of Texas, Applied Research Project, Texas State University, http://uweb .txstate. edu/~ps07/arpabstrats.html.
24. Metz. (1998). designing succession system for new competitive realities, Organizational dynamics .science direct elsevier science journals database, 62-79.
25. Muller, R.; Turner, R. (2010), Leadership competency profiles of successful project managers, International Journal of Project Management, Vol. 28, pp. 437-448.
26. Rothwell, W.J. & Kazanas, H.C. (2003), The strategic developmentof talent, Amherst, MA, HRD Press.
27. Rothwell, W. J. (2005).Effective Succession Planning: Ensuring Leadership Continuity and Building Talent from Within. American Management Association (AMACOM). New York. 3rd Edition.
28. Rothwell, W.J.(2008). Effective succession planning: Ensuring Leadership Continuity and Building Talent from Within, 4th edition, New York, American Management Association, 8-14.
29. Rothwell, W.J. (2010). The manager's guide to maximize employee potential: Quick and Easy Strategies to Develop Talent Every Day, American Management Association.
30. Romejko, M.A. (2008). Key characteristics of succession planning program at a government research center, A dissertation for the degree of doctor of education in organizational leadership, United State, Pepperdine University.
31. Pattan J.E. (1999). Succession management, management selection"; in Tung-Chun Huang (Eds) Succession Management Systems and Human Resource Outcomes, International Journal of Manpower, Vol. 22, No. 8, 436-747.
32. Sambrook, S. (2005). Exploring succession planning small- growing firms, Journal of Small Business andEnterprise Development, Vol. 12 No. 4, pp. 579-594.